Welcome to the Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop! The Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop is a place where bloggers can share multicultural activities, crafts, recipes, and musings for our creative kids. We can’t wait to see what you share this time! Even if you are not a blogger, you can enjoy great ideas, resources, and books from so many experts from around the world! Be sure to peruse all of the links, as well as my favorite article from last month’s blog hop, World Languages for our Multicultural World featured below!
In this guest post for Multicultural Children’s Book Day, Judy Martialay outlines the many benefits of children becoming multilingual. In her article, she gives excellent resources for parents and teachers who’s schools do not offer a second language option. While living and teaching in multiple countries around the world, foreign language programs were standard. However, only about 25% of elementary schools in the United States offer FLES (Foreign Language in Elementary school) programs.
Read on for these practical tips to ensure the children in your life have the early language advantage enjoyed by their peers around the world in the interview with Judy Martialay. Be sure to also check out her book Hola, Let’s Learn Spanish for an authentic language learning adventure to learn Spanish with Pete the Pilot. Judy’s new book Bonjour, Let’s Learn French will be released in October!
Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop
This month our co-hosts are:
Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop is a place for you to share your creative kids culture posts. It’s very easy, and simple to participate!
Just follow these simple guidelines:
- Pinterest, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook. Please let us know you’re following us, and we will be sure to follow you back.
- Link up any creative kids culture posts, such as language, culture, books, travel, food, crafts, playdates, activities, heritage, and holidays, etc. Please, link directly to your specific post, and no giveaways, shops, stores, etc.
- Please grab the button code above and put it on your blog or the post you’re linking up. You can also add a text link back to this hop on your blog post. Note: By sharing your link up on this blog hop you are giving us permission to feature your blog post with pictures, and to pin your link up in our Creative Kids Culture Feature board on Pinterest.
- Don’t be a stranger, and share some comment love! Visit the other links, and comment. Everyone loves comments!
- The Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop will go live on the 3rd Sunday of the month. It will run for three weeks. The following blog hop we will feature a previous link up post, and if you’re featured, don’t forget to grab the button below:
Again, here is my favorite article from last time:
Thank you for linking-up, and we can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to!
Get a FREE eBook Today
This FREE ebook is filled with expert strategies guaranteed to help your child learn HOW to read without using a curriculum. I use diverse and multicultural books and resources to teach kids to read the world and become global citizens as well as successful readers!
Subscribe here for your FREE eBook The Importance of Reading Aloud: A Parent's Guide.